Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by means of a variety of substances, many of which resemble natural wood in their own characteristics. The top position among this elegant assortment is accepted by tiles imitating laminate. It’s manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. As a result of rich selection of textures and colors, such flooring appear magnificent and stylish, and match with almost any style of room layout.
Advantages and disadvantages
The huge demand for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained 1poshtoram.ru not only with their own presentable appearance, but also by a number of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and natural sound wood, so it’s often employed as the main element for decorating flooring.
Among the positive properties of this material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coating does not wear off and does not lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- security in application. The planks are resistant to high temperature changes, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. The substance is impermeable to water, therefore it’s not a favorable place for the formation of fungus and mould;
- excellent thermal insulation. Such coatings are suitable for the system”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which at elevated temperature Can conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles aren’t poor to flooring made from natural stone or wood.
No matter how perfect this substance is, it isn’t devoid of downsides.
The main disadvantages of synthetic laminate may include:
- The large cost. The product, which can last over a dozen decades is expensive, but in operation, these prices are sure to pay off;
- low prices of sound insulation.
To date, tile below the laminate is produced of 2 different types: ceramic and ceramic stoneware. The first variant of the coat is obtained by the technology of monocottura.
This type of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it is made of special varieties of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. Such boards are burned and pressed under high pressure. The result is a lasting and beautiful ending material.
The 2 kinds of boards just replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but occasionally square ones are available.